Hello and welcome from Lyndy, I am your personal Senior Nordic Walking instructor, and I am here to introduce you to a fun and easy way to keep fit and healthy the Nordic Way.
The role of your Nordic walking Instructor is key in your overall enjoyment of a great Nordic journey ! Friendly ! professional ! and couteous ! As each walk takes on a personality of its own which is fuelled in the first instance by the character and style of your Nordic walking Instructor, it then flows into the wider groups to establish long lasting friendships.
I am a member of Nordic Walking UK, which currently has a membership in excess of 60,000 worldwide, anyone who would like to nordic walk their way to health is welcome) who are looking to loose weight and keep fit and healthy in a fun and friendly environment.
Read my full story on my MISSION page, of how I lost over 5 st and kept it off the nordic way.
North Wales Nordic walking is based in North wales, we have some of the most beautifull countryside in the U.K. you can Nordic walk and explore the rustic woodland areas like Lloggerheads and Gwydyr forrest, or for the more adventureous you can Nordic walk to Abberfalls or around Betws-y-coed the list is endless and the views are spectaculare.
Beneficial for all
Nordic Walking is quite unique in that it provides benefits for everybody from those with medical problems to the super fit.
· Tones the upper and lower body at the same time
· Uses 90% of the skeletal muscles
· Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking
· Reduces the pressure on knees and joints
· Great for the Heart and Lungs
· Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
· Poles propel the walker along, making it easier to faster than normal without feeling the effort.
· Can be done anywhere, Hills, country paths or even snow!
· It appeals to all ages and fitness levels.
· No need to wear special exercise clothing
· It’s very sociable;participants can chat as they go!
· It is easy to learn and to keep up.
· It combines exercise with nature which has proven to help the group mood
The history of Nordic walking
2009 - 2010